Weave your own unique tales in an epic single or multiplayer RPG adventure that spans across the realms. Trek across perilous badlands, trudge through poisonous swamps, brave the high seas and shifting mystical forests. The land is in chaos and the odds are stacked against you. Answer the call and help bring peace back to Fahrul!
The King is dead, murdered by an unknown assailant. Now the once peaceful kingdom of Fahrul is in chaos. With nowhere left to turn and stretched beyond her means, the queen has put out a desperate plea to the citizens of the land to rise up and help stem the tide of impending doom.
Set off with your make-shift party, either single player or online co-op, on an epic Quest to find what answers you can. Brave the relentless Elements, fight the wicked Creatures, sail the seas and delve into the dark Underworld. In For The King, every turn matters. Discovering new Locations is paramount to success. Choose to split your party up and cover more ground, or stick together for protection. A sound strategy can mean the difference between life and death.
Fight and die as a party in fast paced and brutal turn-based Combat using a unique slot system for attacks and special Abilities. Find and gather Herbs for your trusty pipe to heal your wounds and cure your maladies. Set up safe Camps or brave the horrors that nightfall brings. Collect Lore and use it to strategically and persistently unlock the mysteries and mechanics of the places you find. Amass Trinkets and Treasure that will help you on your quest. But remember adventurer, you do this not for the riches or fame but for your village, for your realm, for the king!
- Solo or Online Co-op - Control your own party or play with up to 3 people online. Travel and fight together or dare to set off on your own.
- Challenging Roguelike Adventure - A highly re-playable, unforgiving adventure designed to keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat.
- Turn Based Combat - A classic battle style with a unique slot and proficiency system. Choose your attack type, spend Focus Points, use Items, and activate special Abilities to defeat your foes.
- Living World - New challenges and horrors emerge at different times of day. Encounter Weather and natural Events as well as Points Of Interest that have a variety of effects, both good and bad.
- Procedurally Crafted Map - The map, realms, and Locations you encounter are different every play through. A unique set of fascinating locations will force you to adapt your play style every game.
- Persistent Lore - Collect lore and spend it at the Lore Store to build a unique game experience. Unlock persistent game mechanics in the order of your choosing.
- Dungeons - Unique dungeons will require new strategies every time you play. Encounter deadly traps, enemies, and legendary Treasure in unexpected ways.
- Persistent Weapon Crafting - Collect unusual resources and rare weapon Recipes to craft powerful Weapons over multiple playthroughs.
- Items, trinkets, curiosities - Find many different objects and items to use along the way. Some helpful and some come with a cost...
Currently there are these different game modes in For The King:
- For The King (Gamemode) - The original story campaign.
- Frost Adventure - Additional campaign.
- Into the Deep - Additional campaign.
- Hildebrant's Cellar - Endless dungeon dive.
- Dungeon Crawl - A free-form adventure.
- Gold Rush - Multiplayer *uncooperative* adventure.
- Lost Civilization - A separate downloadable adventure pack that adds an additional campaign, new items, creatures, and locations, and includes new playable character classes.
All adventures except Hildebrant's Cellar are customizable using the House Rules:
- Chaos frequency will increase or decrease the number of rounds between when Chaos is set to increment. Assuming, of course, that the game mode has Chaos in it.
- Life Pool will let you increase, or decrease the starting lives. To be clear: this does not change the amount of lives you’ll find in your adventures.
- Economy Inflation This will permit you to adjust the percentage increase of inflating items over time. This does not change base prices of items, and does not change starting gold, gold drops, or item drops in any way. It’s only the inflation of the small set of items that naturally inflate in price over time.