For The King Wiki
Please feel free to contribute by creating new articles or expanding existing ones.
Weave your own unique tales in an epic single or multiplayer RPG adventure that spans across the realms. Trek across perilous badlands, trudge through poisonous swamps, brave the high seas, and explore dark and mystical forests. The land is in chaos and the odds are stacked against you. Answer the call and help bring peace back to Fahrul!
The King is dead, murdered by an unknown assailant. Now the once peaceful kingdom of Fahrul is in peril. With nowhere left to turn and stretched beyond her means, the queen has put out a desperate plea to the citizens of the land to rise up and help stem the tide of impending doom.
Set off with your make-shift party, either single player or online co-op, on an epic quest to find what answers you can. Brave the relentless elements, battle creatures both monstrous and evil, sail across the great seas, and delve deep into the many caves and dungeons that dot the land. In For The King, every turn matters.
Fight and die as a party in brutal and intense turn-based combat using a unique slot system for attacks or special skills and abilities. Find and gather herbs for your trusty pipe to heal your wounds and cure your ailments. Amass ancient artifacts and treasure that will help you on your adventures. Set up a safe camp for the evening or brave the horrors that nightfall brings. Collect Lore and use it to strategically and permanently unlock the mysteries and mechanics of the places you find for use in future adventures. How you decide to save the land is entirely up to you. For the King!
- Turn-based combat system - Choose your attack type, consume items, focus attacks, and use a host of skills and abilities to defeat your foes.
- Living world - Persistent lore & locations you encounter make for a unique game experience every time. Play again and again and discover something new every time.
- Procedural map - Traverse the many different procedurally-generated realms and discover unique encounters that offer a variety of challenges and rewards (both good and bad!).
- Dungeons - Unique dungeons will require new strategies every time you play. Encounter deadly traps, enemies, and legendary treasure in unexpected ways.
- Items, equipment, and other gear - Find many different objects and items with which to equip yourself along the way. Weapons of all kinds, armor from head to toe, and plenty of trinkets and amulets to protect you on your way.
- Seven game modes to choose from, with more on the way!
|Additional Bonuses||+5% Crit Chance|
The Ancient Blade is acquired late in the Frost Adventure after unlocking the Armory, and with proper preparation can prove useful against the end-boss dragon Whitemoon. Whitemoon has very high health and therefore would require a long series of combat strikes to kill. The blade's Flaming Smite attacks will apply Burning to Whitemoon and deal the greatest amount of damage in the shortest amount of time. However, a character will quickly exhaust their pool of Focus obtaining perfect strikes (and also to ensure the sword does not break) - in this regard, it may be more beneficial to have the character with the greatest amount of Focus points available equip the weapon. Additionally, it would be a wise idea to either bring a large supply of Golden Root to replenish Focus points during the battle, or perhaps consider using a more traditional weapon that can deal a high damage output in place of the Ancient Blade.
Want to see a particular item featured? Have a great write-up you'd like to share? Submit your ideas here!