Brave the cursed Midnight Woods and its haunted crypts in this "friendly", multiplayer-only competitive mode.
- The overworld is landlocked, and small.
- Unlimited lives, see Safety Stone. Death is just a temporary setback.
- Towns, merchants, and dungeon shops are all much cheaper.
- There is a minor XP boost to make things go even quicker.
- Loot, loot, loot.
- The amount of gold to collect is available as a House Rules slider.
- There are no side-quests.
Players are tasked by the Scourge Fergus the Mad to compete with one another to be the first to deliver 100 gold coins to his hidden vault. It is up to each individual player how cooperative (or uncooperative) they wish to be in order to finish the adventure, and some deviousness is required to secure a win.
There are a number of strategies you can use to be more uncooperative than in normal campaigns:
- Pulling your team into unwinnable fights, then running away.
- Strategically dragging your party in to a dungeon when they’re across the map.
- Buying items out from under another player.
- Passing your turn in combat to assure you get the killing blow, and thus the first grab at any gold coins.
Gold Rush is only available on the Journeyman difficulty.
- Midnight Woods