Creating your guide
Read and create guides for the game here! Pick a topic you think deserves a guide and get started now. Keep in mind all pages are public, but they won't be accessible until you share the link.
To create your guide:
- Replace "yourguidenamehere" in the following url with the name you'd like to use for your guide. Please note that guides should be created in the Guides namespace, and not the usual wiki namespace:
- Paste this url into your browser and go to that page.
- Press the Create button to create the page for your guide.
- You will be brought to a page that looks like this:
- Scroll down the the bottom of the page and hit 'Save Page'.
- You have now created your guide's main page!
- To edit your guide click the Edit button at the top, or you can edit the source directly depending on your preference.
- Once you have finished creating or updating your guide, return to this page and edit it to add your guide to the appropriate section below.
- If you need any help, ask in the #wiki channel in the discord over at https://discord.gg/UdFaGkm.
- Aston's Guide to Party Layout - An abstract guide to why the layout of your party matters! by: AstonUnderscore (talk) 02:07, 7 January 2018 (UTC)
- FastGuide - quick guide about fast character and killing fast.! by: Sunshine, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
- Gold Efficiency - A guide on making money and spending efficiently! (Work In Progress) by: Dungeon 15:31, 9 January 2017 (JST)
- Master Guide for the FTK Main Campaign - Updated Nov 24th, 2021. (Note: Lost Civilization-DLC incorporated)
- Infinite Hildebrant’s Cellar - Added March 1st, 2020. (Pre-LC DLC)
- Into The Deep - Master Guide - Added June 5th, 2020 (Pre-LC DLC)
- Frost Adventure - Master Guide - Added July 17th, 2020 (Pre-LC DLC)
- Dungeon Crawl - Master Guide - Added January 23rd, 2021 (Pre-LC DLC)
- Lost Civilization - Master Guide - Added March 22nd, 2021
Tips & Tricks
- Before accepting a Devotion or Statue which would replenish full Focus, burn/use all your focus as additional movement. You'll have this additional movement after the focus replenishment which you can use for additional movement or to heal with by resting.
- Use Scholar's Worts for healing. Pay close attention to how close a hero is from leveling, and rather than using Godsbeard or an Inn to heal, use a Scholar's Wort to level and heal from leveling.
- Some Weapons can restore focus to self or party. (Ukulele, Water Wand, Water Tome, Starfish Staff, Great Water Tome, Angler Bow.) You should use them in easy fight, to keep your Focus pool high.
- Spend focus and gold wisely as they are the most valuable resources. Using all the focus on running or all the gold on armor or weapons won't help your team! Gold should be prioritized to buy consumables as equipment can be acquired through fights. Focus should be mainly used on skills. Using 1/2 per fight is the key. Although, if you have refocus items or you are about to rest/meditate remember to use it more!
- Don't sell everything you're not immediately using. Not only can items come in handy later on, your equipment can be destroyed in combat (meaning if you don't have another weapon in your bags, you're fighting with your fists). Additionally, many items carry helpful effects like immunities, which can help you navigate special encounters and corrupted hexes on the overworld, or even cheat your way through certain traps in dungeons. Simply equip the item while you need it, then remember to unequip it once you're done with it!
- If you want to have a successful run in coop, don't split too much! Fights are meant to be taken together to split the gold/xp/items.