Aston's Guide to Making Guides: The Guide
Read and create guides for the game here! Pick a topic to write your guide on and get started!
To create your guide:
- Type the name that you want for your guide at the end of this url:
- For example: https://fortheking.fandom.com/MyGuide
- Paste this url into your browser and search/go.
- Press the 'create this page' button to create the page for your guide.
- You will be brought to a page that looks like this:
- Scroll down the the bottom of the page and hit 'Save Page'.
- You have now created your guide page!
- To edit your page press the 'Edit' button at the top, or 'Edit Source' if you are tech savvy!
- Type away and finish your guide! When you are ready to submit it head back to the main guides page.
- Once you reach the page (the one you are currently on), edit this page and add your guide in the correct section!
- If you need any help, ask in the #wiki channel in the discord over at https://discord.gg/UdFaGkm.
- Aston's Guide to Party Layout - An abstract guide to why the layout of your party matters! by: AstonUnderscore (talk) 02:07, 7 January 2018 (UTC)
- FastGuide - quick guide about fast character and killing fast.! by: Sunshine, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
- Gold Efficiency - A guide on making money and spending efficiently! (Work In Progress) by: Dungeon 15:31, 9 January 2017 (JST)
- Master Guide for the FTK Main Campaign - Updated July 14th, 2021. (Note: Lost Civilization-DLC incorporated)
- Infinite Hildebrant’s Cellar - Added March 1st, 2020. (Pre-LC DLC)
- Into The Deep - Master Guide - Added June 5th, 2020 (Pre-LC DLC)
- Frost Adventure - Master Guide - Added July 17th, 2020 (Pre-LC DLC)
- Dungeon Crawl - Master Guide - Added January 23rd, 2021 (Pre-LC DLC)
- Lost Civilization - Master Guide - Added March 22nd, 2021
Tips and Tricks
- Before accepting a Devotion or Statue which would replenish full Focus, burn/use all your focus as additional movement. You'll have this additional movement after the focus replenishment which you can use for additional movement or to heal with by resting.
- Use Scholar's Worts for healing. Pay close attention to how close a hero is from leveling, and rather than using Godsbeard or an Inn to heal, use a Scholar's Wort to level and heal from leveling.
- Some Weapons can restore focus to self or party. (Ukulele, Water Wand, Water Tome, Starfish Staff, Great Water Tome, Angler Bow.) You should use them in easy fight, to keep your Focus pool high.
- Spend focus and gold wisely as they are the most valuable resources. Using all the focus on running or all the gold on armor or weapons won't help your team! Gold should be prioritized to buy consumables as equipment can be acquired through fights. Focus should be mainly used on skills. Using 1/2 per fight is the key. Although, if you have refocus items or you are about to rest/meditate remember to use it more!
- Don't sell everything you're not immediately using. Not only can items come in handy later on, your equipment can be destroyed in combat (meaning if you don't have another weapon in your bags, you're fighting with your fists). Additionally, many items carry helpful effects like immunities, which can help you navigate special encounters and corrupted hexes on the overworld, or even cheat your way through certain traps in dungeons. Simply equip the item while you need it, then remember to unequip it once you're done with it!
- If you want to have a successful run in coop, don't split too much! Fights are meant to be taken together to split the gold/xp/items.